Saturday, October 10, 2009

Announcing the News...



With my first two pregnancies we shouted from the rooftop that we were expecting once the two lines were on the HPT. Miscarriage didn't even cross my mind and we told EVERYONE we were pregnant STAT!


Since Sean's birth I have had several friends have to go through the difficulty of dealing with a miscarriage. It is just so heartbreaking. This started to make us paranoid. We decided we wouldn't share our news until we saw the heartbeat. At that point the doctor was giving us a miscarriage rate of around 3-10%.


So, we decided to break the news to Mike's family at his mom's b'day dinner. I couldn't keep it in so I ended up telling my mom over the phone before the dinner. I know, I'm terrible! The timing was perfect. We actually had gone to get the u/s that day! We were so happy to see that tiny flicker.


At dinner, everyone gave their gifts. When it got to ours we had two things in a gift bag. After she saw them both she started to move the bag away and I told her there was one more thing in there. It was a magnet that said "baby's coming" or something like that and had an opening for an u/s pic. The pic was so hard to see. It was just a little ball and dot.


She held it up and she started to cry. I started crying & so did my mom. She turned it over and showed everyone and Diane (Mike's Sister) joined in on the crying fun! It was crazy.


1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited for you!!! I laughed at the "crying fun" because I know how that kind of fun works. : ) What a cute idea for telling Katy. I could never hold it in long enough for a grand reveal.

    ReplyDelete